Hey there, I’m Bueka Uwemedimo. I’m a British,Nigerian actor working and living between Washington, DC and New York City.
I relocated to the United States a few years ago from London, England after a succesful career performing across the UK and Europe. Since my arrival in search of new opportunities, I have been fortunate enough to have worked on some amazing projects which I would like to share with you all below.
- Intimate Apparel - George Armstrong - Everyman Theatre, MD - Dir Tazewell Thompson
- A Raisin In The Sun - Joseph Asagai - Arena Stage, DC - Dir. Tazewell Thompson
- The Good Counselor - Ray Heffernon - 1st Stage Theatre, VA - Dir. Alex Levy
- Ruined - Fortune Mukengenshayi - Everyman Theatre, MD - Dir. Tazewell Thompson
- The Right Hand Of Fellowship - Harlan Davis - Atlus Art Center, DC - Dir. Marshall Opie
- The Lion King - King Mufasa - Lyceum Theatre, London West End - Dir. Julie Taymor
- Magic Of Motown - Edwin Starr - UK & EU Tour - Dir. Michael Taylor
- Dancing In The Streets - David Ruffin - EU Tour, Flying Music Group - Dir. Keith Strachan
- Sweet Soul Music - Wilson Pickett - UK Tour Flying Music Group - Dir. Keith Strachan
- Bowie State University - Musical Theatre Adjunct Professor - Dr Gail Medford, Department. Chairperson
- Sidwell Friends School - After Care Management - Shereen Beydoun, Lower School Principal
- Westbrook Elementary - Performing Arts Teacher - Flex Academies, Josh Chernikoff, Judy Burnell - COO
- Thomas W. Pyle Middle School - Music Theatre Teacher - Flex Academies, Josh Chernikoff, Judy Burnell - COO
- GNVQ With Honors In Business Studies - Bromley College, England
- Voice development, Improvisation, Screen Acting - Actors Studio, London England
SPECIAL AWARDS & SKILLS:
- Helen Hayes Award Nominee
- Congratulatory Resolution from Baltimore City Councilman William “Pete” Welch
- Dialects: British, Cockney, RP, USA, Southern, Brooklyn, African Pidgin English, West Indian, Jamaican
- Commercial List Available Upon Request.
- Fight Captain, Stage combat (hand to hand/swords), general weapons (handgun/rifle), improv (general), teleprompter, animated voice overs, driving skills (stick shift), motorcyclist, horseback riding.
"I aspire to be the best version of myself. Bear with me, I am working on it." - Bueka Uwemedimo
London, England - FLP Global Management: Dan Lock http://www.flpmanagement.co.uk
New York City: DDO Artists Agency - Gina Manfredi - On Camera: http://ddoagency.com